These are the heaviest-duty ball joints you can find on the market. The housing and support cup as well as the stud are made from 4340 chromoly and 300m steel, respectively. The dust boots are made from CR/Neoprene, and the adjustment plate cap is 6061 aluminum.
The ball joints are fully adjustable and rebuildable –– allowing them to be fully disassembled, cleaned, and re-greased to ensure you can keep riding longer, faster, and harder with the minimal amount of long-term maintenance possible.
While we do always recommend replacing all of your ball joints at the same time, we sell them individually.
- Place new ball joint in the freezer for an hour, or two
- Jack car up off ground
- Place jack stands
- Remove wheel
- Remove the lower A-arm
- Use a 24mm socket and a hammer to tap the ball joint out with the stem facing downward
- Get the new ball joint out of the freezer
- Use a C clamp/ball joint press (with BRP cylinder) to press the new ball joint back in place
- Reinstall the A-arm and the wheel
*** We always recommend replacing all of your ball joints at the same time. Or at least both upper, or both lower at the same time. ***